Ukraine new tech startups and international tech giants have helped this country become a true IT hub during the last years. Hundreds of Fortune 500’s brands like Google, Amazon, Visa, Gartner, IBM, Lenovo, and others have contracted Ukrainian IT companies. Despite the coronavirus, Ukrainian developers have earned more than $5 billion from international companies in 2020, and by 2025 this number is expected to reach $8.4 billion. Top software development companies Ukraine are located mainly in five cities: Kyiv, Lviv, Kharkiv, Dnipro, and Odessa. And the capital has become a home for around 50% of all Ukraine-based programmers.
Salaries of IT engineers are higher than average Ukrainian payrolls in other industries. But though IT professionals from Ukraine get greater remuneration than similar specialists from Eastern Europe, these amounts are still quite lower than what their US and Western European colleagues earn. And this is one of the first reasons why foreign business owners consider Ukraine as a source of a professional IT workforce.
5 Reasons to Hire Dedicated Software Development Teams from Ukraine
There are more benefits of doing IT business with Ukrainians, but here are the main five of them:
- Lower costs. If you have business in the USA or Western Europe, hiring Ukrainian developers will help you save up to 15-20% on payrolls. And cooperation through top IT outsourcing companies in Ukraine can be even more cost-effective.
- High expertise. Ukraine boasts more than 200,000 top software developers who have worked for tech giants, so your business will be in the reliable hands of offshore development teams. And each year, more than 30,000 IT graduates increase this number.
- Similar business culture and global mindset. Ukrainian IT specialists share the Western approach to doing business. Prioritizing their assignments, organizing workflow, and establishing good communication help them stay focused on business goals.
- Creative, hard-working approach. In contrast to engineers from other countries, members of a dedicated development team Ukraine won’t stay aside if they know how to improve something –– even if they aren’t asked for it. Ukrainians always have an idea!
- Fluent English. More than 80% of Ukrainian technicians can speak English well, possessing intermediate, upper-intermediate, and advanced proficiency levels. And every top IT company offers free English classes to its coders.
Best IT Companies in Ukraine to Equip Your Business
Ukraine hosts several thousands of tech companies that offer various services: IT consulting, QA (Quality Assurance) and testing, UI/UX design, outsourcing, R&D, development, and others. More than 100 research and development teams, including Skype, Samsung, Siemens, Apple, Oracle, and others, are based in Ukraine. This country is also a home for more than 200 startup squads, including Grammarly, Ajax, Reface, DepositPhotos.
The number of the best Ukraine app development companies reaches nearly 2,000 and includes such brands as Cleveroad, Intellectsoft, and IDAP. EPAM, Ciklum, SoftServe are among 18 Ukrainian outsourcing companies that got on the global top 100 list.